Book a COVID Test
The list below shows Ministry of Health identified priority groups who are eligible for molecular COVID-19 testing through the Kincardine Family Health Team COVID Assessment Centre.
For those that are not eligible for molecular testing, Rapid Antigen Test Kits are available through many community avenues such as local grocery stores and pharmacies.
Looking for information about COVID, Cold and Flu?
Click the button below to go to our COVID, Cold and Flu Care Clinic page…
- People aged 60 years or older
- People who are immunocompromised
- People aged 18 or over who completed their primary vaccine series, and received their last COVID-19 vaccine more than 6 months ago and have not had Sars-Cov-2 infection in the past 6 months
- People who diagnostic testing is required for clinical management at the discretion of their primary care provider (sent for testing by physician/NP)
- Patient-facing healthcare workers
- Pregnant people
- Staff, volunteers, residents/inpatients, essential care providers, and visitors in hospitals and congregate living settings, including Long Term Care, retirement homes, First Nation elder care lodges, group homes, shelters, hospices, temporary foreign worker settings, and correctional institutions
- Under housed or homeless
- Symptomatic/asymptomatic individuals who are from, or who identify as, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis – including any household members. Individuals travelling to these communities for work.
- Symptomatic/asymptomatic people on admission/transfer to or from hospital or congregate living setting.
- Symptomatic/asymptomatic people in the context of confirmed or suspected outbreaks in highest risk settings as directed by local public health unit.
- Individuals, and one accompanying caregiver, with written prior approval for out-of-country medical services from the General Manager, OHIP
- Household members of any patient facing healthcare worker or worker from highest risk settings
- First Responders (Police, Fire, Paramedics)
- As required for LTCH visitors, new residents, or staff
- As required prior to surgery
- Exposed healthcare workers for return to work
Ready to Get Tested?
The COVID-19 Assessment Centre requires individuals to book an appointment.
Anyone who presents to the Assessment Centre outside of the eligible testing criteria will not be tested for COVID-19.
Appointments are available Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 9am to 12pm noon.
Appointments can be booked up to 3 days in advance. If you are looking to book an appointment more than 3 days in advance, please return to book once you are within a 3 day window.
If you do not have an Ontario Health Card, you will need to call the Kincardine Family Health Team to Book at test.
There are three ways to book your test:
• CLICK the button below to book online,
• or SCAN the following QR Code on your mobile phone,
• or CALL the Kincardine Family Health Team at 519-396-2700 for assistance with booking your test.
Any person that is not eligible for PCR testing, but develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19, has a positive rapid test, or is exposed to a known case of COVID-19 should follow the recommendations provided after completing the Ontario Self-Assessment tool at https://www.ontario.ca/self-assessment/
The COVID-19 Assessment Centre is located at the East entrance of the Hawthorne Community Clinic across from the Kincardine Hospital. Parking is available in front of the Clinic building.
Hawthorne Community Clinic
1201 Queen Street North